Healing America’s Heroes: Preventing Veteran Suicides Town Hall
Special thanks to the Eunice Joyce Gardiner Foundation for their generous philanthropy.
The suicide rate among veterans is much higher than the national average, but hope exists. Prevention programs and new legislation are working to get mental health help to veterans in times of crisis. In the Health Channel Town Hall, Healing America’s Heroes: Preventing Veteran Suicides, experts will discuss the new Compact Act and see what help is available for those veterans who served our country and fought for our freedom.
- Olga Villaverde – Health Channel Host
- Montel Williams – Television Personality & Advocate for Veterans
- Suresh P. Rajpara, MD – West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
- James Heaton – Senior Director, United Way of Broward County’s MISSION UNITED
- Myriam Glémaud, PSY.D – West Palm Beach VA Health System